Founding Partner | Tri-Cities Native | Trusted Litigator
John P. Raekes is a lifelong Tri-Cities resident. Born in Pasco, he attended Kennewick schools and graduated from Kamiakin High School.
After high school, John attended Centralia College on a baseball scholarship where he met his future wife, Judy, who was there on a basketball scholarship. John helped the baseball team win consecutive NWAACC Western Division Championships and was named to the all NWAACC team in 1986. From there, another baseball scholarship landed John at Eastern Washington University where he enjoyed two successful seasons in the Pac-10 North Conference.
After baseball, John decided to follow in his father’s footsteps and become a lawyer. After graduating from the Gonzaga School of Law in 1995, he joined the law firm of Rettig, Osborne Forgette LLP, which was founded in 1976 by John’s father (Philip M. Raekes, retired judge). John spent 12 years at the firm where his practice focused on insurance defense. He subsequently decided to help those who have been injured instead of working to minimize victim’s recovery.
In 1998, John partnered with Jeff Sperline to form the law firm of Sperline Raekes Law, which allowed him to fulfill his desire of helping accident victims. In his first two years, John recovered nearly one million dollars for his clients. He has since expanded his practice to include cases involving contract and business disputes, employment issues, real estate and construction claims.
Let John’s vast experience work for you.
- Washington, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2006
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2005
- Eastern Washington University – Bachelor in Education
- Gonzaga University School of Law – Juris Doctor (1995)
- “Rising Star” lawyer by Washington Law and Politics magazine (2005)
- Martindale-Hubbell Notable® Rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- Super Lawyers Top Rated Lawyer
- American Registry Top 10% Most Honored Professional 2016
|Washington State Association for Justice||Member||2009 - Present|
|United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington||Member||2002 - Present|
|Benton Franklin County Bar Association||Member||1995 - Present|
|Washington State Bar Association||Member||1995 - Present|